Monday 20 August 2012

The beginning of it all...

Well here goes nothing....

This is my first attempt at creating a blog and I guess in some aspects I can now understand why an individual may want to create one. They may want to share their thoughts or opinions with others, need a way to express themselves or just be heard. It is a place where people may read your blog and get to learn or see something in a new light.

My purpose...
I am a follower of Christ that truly has a desire to live her life to reflect his glory and love in all I do. He is our creator and without him we would not have life. Every breath that we breathe, every step we take, every thought and every word we speak is his spirit working through us. Our father above created us beautifully not only in his image but for his purpose and for that purpose that we can never even begin to think of because it is so great and unknown except to him. There are days where I ( and like so many others) I do begin to reflect upon what my purpose may even be in life, especially on those harder days. I think about at the end of my life what I may want people to remember me by or how I would have wanted to touch the lives of all those I encountered. In the end I always come to the same conclusion.

It does not matter if I personally do not understand or even begin to know what my purpose on that day or in life may be. It does not matter if I don't have my day or my week or even the next few months of my life planned out. Why doesn't it matter? Well, in the end it is as blunt as this. You can plan your life all you want but you are not in control of your own life. You can plan a schedule or routine all you want but the result is going to be solely God's alone. What he has planned and what his purpose for that time is is what will prevail.

Our God is a god that has a love so amazing and beautiful and so great that no words could ever describe or truly begin to express how great his love is. His mercy and grace reigns over us and he showers us in this each and every day. His love is one so pure and raw that it overwhelms me at times. How can he love such a wretched sinner like me? He sent his only son to die for us so that we may live.

As I write day to day or when I have a thought, I want my faith life to stand out. I want to share his word and all he is to others. I want to live a life reflected of all he is and his wonderful love. Yes this is a place where thoughts can be written out, things can be expressed but even greater a place to touch others.

I hope that others may read all that I write and at least think about what I say and maybe consider it for their own lives.
That is my purpose, my goal and my desire...
That is why I write here...

But for now, that is where I end...

No comments:

Post a Comment